The Treatment Process
Prior to undergoing treatment you will meet a physician who will discuss your quit plan and perform a physical examination.
- Your concerns and fears of quitting.
- The nature of nicotine addiction.
- The physical, psychological and behavioral aspects of smoking.
- Withdrawal symptoms and what you can do to cope with them.
- Your smoking patterns to understand and monitor in order to anticipate and avoid temptation triggers.
- Stress management strategies like relaxation exercises and positive thinking.
- Quitting requires attention to both the biology and psychology of smoking.
- Medically supervised intervention is safe and effective.